On February 7, 2020, Scientific & Regulatory Consultants, Inc. (SRC) triggered the first stage of our Business Continuity Plan in response to the global outbreak of COVID-19. Due to the increased spread of the virus and closing of many events and facilities, we are issuing this statement to assure all stakeholders we are prepared to remain fully operational during this time.
During any adverse event, SRC’s primary objective is to ensure the physical safety of all employees, clients and vendors, while continuing to provide excellent service to our clients. Since triggering our business continuity plan, SRC has spent the last several weeks practicing and preparing for various quarantine scenarios.
Steps taken by SRC to continue operations during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Instituted the Center for Disease Control’s recommended policy for flexible time off and off-site
quarantine for ill or affected employees.
- Cancelled all company outings and restricted work-related travel.
- Each SRC department has created remote work and work shifting plans, in the event of a
quarantine or illness among staff members.
- Performed a remote work practice day for all employees to ensure our IT infrastructure is
sufficient to support all SRC employees working remotely at once. This also allowed us to
identify any areas where additional training and equipment were needed.
- Created plans for processing and mailing federal and state hard copy submissions from key
employees’ homes. The EPA’s Office of Pesticide Programs released this week that they are
“telework ready” to continue processing all electronic submissions and will only be accepting
electronic submission throughout the outbreak. If you are not yet set up for electronic
submission processing, please reach out to your SRC consultant for assistance.
- Closely monitored supply levels to maintain a steady inventory of essential supplies.
- Contacted labs and state agencies to determine their continuity plans during this outbreak.
As the landscape of COVID-19 evolves, please know SRC will make the adjustments needed to keep our
valued clients our number one priority, while maintaining our employees’ safety. Our employees,
clients, vendors, all affected persons and their families remain in our thoughts during this difficult time.
Thank you for your business and loyalty.